Saturday, July 5, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggitty jig

The kids are back from Camp Foster, tan, tired and totally spoiled... but that's they way it should be after a week with grandparents and cousins right? okay, so they aren't totally spoiled but I know for a fact they didn't have much responsibility while there... in fact when faced with putting clothes away this afternoon I got much grumbling and "but why's". They had a great time and I know they are ready to spend a week with their Cook cousins in August... we get to join them on this trip and I'm really looking forward to a week at the beach with the family.

I got most of my painting done, the kids love their rooms and Ethan gave me the biggest hug and told me he loves his room... we've talked about a few more things we want to do in there and he is excited. Serah told me she really likes her room color and the red wall but she's not too sure she likes Ethan's... "it's okay". That girl holds no punches... but she says it without any guile so you know it's just her thoughts and no hidden agenda so to speak. Mom C. say's Aunt Bethany was just like that... you know I don't know a better person Serah could take after.

Now back to our regular lives... yeah like we have normal quiet regular lives around here.

1 comment:

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

Sounds like your going to have fun at the beach....we hope to get that direction before too long, but we will have to see how it works out...

Glad the kids had fun at Camp Foster and like their rooms. I hope you post some pictures soon!! Can't wait to see them. {:o)