Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We're baack

okay, so it's been almost a year and we are back at home for school... last year was quite a learning experience for us all. The kids had mixed reactions to school away from home, Serah gained the confidence in her reading skills but I think the number of kids was overwhelming for her and she only had 16 kids in her class. Ethan of course shined, he's such a social butterfly and so smart that being in a challenging situation was fun for him... but he also learned much about having someone different teach him and how not everyone is comfortable with the way he wears his emotions on his sleeve. I learned that working outside the home would require much sacrifice on my part... my home seemed to go downhill and I didn't enjoy keeping it neat and orderly because by the time we got home I was tired and not up to much, then the weekends seemed to be just as busy... but God had a purpous for us to be there as he always does and He has now opened up the chance for us to be back home with a curriculum we think will really fit our family and we are all excited about it.

My goals for this year:

Ethan: to challenge him with his education, keep it fun but also stretch him some, to learn piano, to learn better organization skills

Serah: to complete 1st and 2nd grade in order to catch up to her peers, to find an activity she enjoys and get her signed up, teach her good homekeeping skills

Me: To reclaim my home and create a peaceful place for us all, to allow God to refresh my spirit, to become healthy and fit and enjoy doing it, and to keep my blogs up to date.

Matt: he's on his own, but I will support any goals he wants to set because he's the love of my life and I want the best for him.


I think that's good for now, will post more later

No comments: