Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday night ballgame

I took Ethan and Serah to the ballgame tonight... what a blast. I don't know if it was just luck or because Matt wasn't with us but the Express hit 3 homers and ended up winning the game... this is the first time we stayed for a game they won. We had popcorn and cracker jacks, drinks and a Chick-Fil-A chicken tender (it was Chick-Fil-A night and they were passing out a free one at the gate). Ethan made lots of new "friends" and Serah sat near me with her hands over her ears. Since Friday night is fireworks night, at the top of the 9th I took the kids out to the van so Serah didn't have to hear the fireworks and Ethan and I sat on the top of the van to enjoy them... and enjoy them we did... it ended up being a sweet time for just the two of us. We talked about fireworks and how much we enjoy them and... how do they work? (" I don't know Ethan, lets learn about them later at home"), can there be more than 2 colors? (" I don't know Ethan, watch and see if there are any with more than 2 colors"), and how long can they do them? ("I don't know Ethan, why don't you just sit back and watch and find out")... I think your starting to catch on... the boy loves to talk... we got home close to 11 and I think the kids will sleep good tonight... mommy too!

No comments: